College has proposed a Bridge Course as its distinct activity for budding engineers for development of their confidence right from the inception of the college, i.e. from the first batch 2009-10. The emphasis of the Bridge course is to revise fundamentals of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics along with basic principles related to Engineering subjects.
For FE 2014-15 batch course was held from 23 to 29 July 2014 and
For FE 2015-16 batch course was held from 20 to 25 July 2015.
Our Department regularly conducts Poster presentation competition amongst the students of First Year Engg. of respective year/ semester on important topics of Engineering Physics and Engineering Chemistry.
Staff’s Participation/ Achievements:
Y. R. Bhavsar
- Developed Intranet Web-Portal for Students Attendance with SMS Integration using Adobe Flex, Mysql, PHP and Stimulsoft Report.
Modules: Faculty updation, Course Structure, Roll call and Batches, Subject allocation/workload, Register academic session, Attendance reports.
- Selected to do Ph.D. research work under the guidance of Prof. Dr. A. D. Shaligram, Head, Dept. of Electronics, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
Deputed for Ph.D. course work from 10/05/2016.
Dr. A. K. Mody
- Resource person for “Refresher course on “Quantum Mechanics and Nuclear Physics” at Dayanand Science College, Latur organized with support of Science Academies of India from 15 to 26 April, 2016.
- Resource person for IAPT- Mumbai Workshop for UG- Physics students on 14 April, 2016.
- Participated in a Two day National level Workshop on “Overview, Applications and Designing Solav PV Systems” sponsored by IET-Nashik Local Network organized by Department of Electrical Engineering, K.K. Wagh Inst. Of Engg. Education and Research, Nashik on 21 and 22 January, 2016.
- Significantly contributed in publication of Text Books of National Council of Educational Research and Training
i) Physics Text Book for Class XI & Class XII
i) Exemplar Problems in Physics for Class XI & Class XII
Dr. P.P. Wani
- Presented a paper in International conference on “Emerging Environmental and Advanced Oxidation Technologies for Energy, Environment and Sustainability” organized by Centre for Environmental Studies, Department of Chemistry and Centre with potential for excellence in Environmental Science, Anna University, Chennai held on 29 and 30 Sept, 2014.
b. Has published two Research papers.
J. M. Sonawane
- Attended a National Conference on “ Recent Trends in Differential equations” held in Department of Mathematics, Shivaji University Kolhapur from 27 to 31 Jan. 2015
Mrs. P. A. Pethkar
- Presented poster “Removal of Methylene blue dye from solution using granulated fly ash ” in International conference on Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics: Present and Future Scenario (January 29-30, 2016), organized by Department of Biotechnology , K.T. H. M. College in collaboration with Gene Support, Pune India.
- Presented a Research paper on “Nanoparticle films for gas sensing applications: greener approaches” at Vth International congress of Environmental Research organized by Journal of Environmental Research And Development,